More notes from the journey.

Sunday, November 20, 2005

A Million Little Pieces (James Frey)

This book has sucked me in a major way. I have been interested in how people handle addiction for a long time. I think it started after I read Augusten Burrough's book Dry. This book makes Dry look like a children's book. I had heard that it was intense, but intense is not the word. I'm not sure what the word is, but it is much, much more than intense.

The part that interests me the most is the author's position on AA. He does not believe in AA or a Higher Power or 12 Steps. I've always been a bit skeptical about those programs, so his ideas are interesting. I think that he is sober at present, so I guess that whatever he did was successful. Why is that the experts say that there is no way to handle addiction without working the 12 steps and relying on your Higher Power? Humm..... I might have to find out more.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home