More notes from the journey.

Wednesday, August 01, 2007

The View from Here

There are boxes as far as the eye can see. Boxes and tape and semi-organized looking piles of stuff awaiting boxes and tape. In previous moves I have been time-pressed into a frantic/rushed "throw whatever you can in a box" approach, but not this move. This move has allowed me the freedom to luxuriate in what has been called (by competent professionals;) ) the "obsessive compulsive" features of my personality. Oh, it's a beautiful thing. The structure and preparedness of it. Knowing that I am leaving with what I want and need and leaving behind what I don't. Quite freeing, actually.

Of course, that line of thinking works best with stuff. It doesn't work so well with people. Sometimes you have to leave people that you want and need. As much as you might want to strap them to the top of your car (for oh so many reasons), people just aren't up for that. So, I've decided I'm not leaving.

Relocating? Yes.
Leaving? No.

You don't leave people who are your family. Sometimes you move and you have to make adjustments to find a new groove, but you don't leave.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

I love you for this.

3:41 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home