More notes from the journey.

Friday, July 06, 2007

Shopaholic and Baby (Sophie Kinsella)

Becky Brandon nee Bloomwood is my guilty pleasure. As soon as I see a new book in this series, I snatch it up. I have listened to each of these books on CD and I love the voice of the reader. Delightfully Brittish and very much the voice of Becky in my head.

In this book Becky is pregnant. As the book opens she and Luke are looking for a house and going to OB appointments. Of course, Becky (as always) faces many crazy challenges throughout the story. The search for the trendiest OB leads her to Luke's ex-girlfriend who does her best to steal Luke for herself. In the midst of defending her man, Becky's latest job is in jeopardy and she manages to pull the rabbit out of the hat (in the person of her friend and famous designer Danny) and save the day.

The details of the story are hardly important, which is good because they are fairly predictable. What makes these books so much fun is Becky herself. I can't stop myself from just loving her.

1 Comments:

Blogger Theresa said...

OMG! I just popped in to see if you still blogged from time to time...not that I have any room to talk... and what to my wondering eyes should appear! Holy Cow!

10:07 AM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home