More notes from the journey.

Saturday, August 05, 2006

It's a Working Saturday for Me....

But, I'm not complaining. Trying to elicit sympathy? Yes. Complaining? No. There is a fine line there.

I am here at my desk with Gadget working on a manuscript. Can't you tell? Well, I needed a break. I am embarrased to admit that this is my thesis data. I had finished this research in 2002. By 2004 (the wheels of my life move rapidly) I had sent it to a journal and gotten a "revise and resubmit". This is pretty good news. It is rare that a journal accepts something "as is" and it is always possible to get an outright rejection. So, here in the summer of 2006 I am making revisions. This is far from impressive, but I could be paralyzed by own lack of research prowess and get NOTHING done or I could slip my tail btw my legs, make the changes, and send this bitch back to the editors. So, I am choosing choice B.

My plan is to get this thing off my desk by tmw afternoon. I think this is doable. I am leaving for a two-week trip to Germany next Friday and I still have one last class to structure before I am off, so this will be a "pedal to the metal" kind of weekend. Wish me luck......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home