More notes from the journey.

Monday, August 07, 2006

Me and My Teeth are no longer Friends

I can't figure out what my teeth want from me. I brush twice a day, swish with Listerine nightly and floss most of the time. And still they demand more. Today at the dentist's office I learned that I have THREE cavities. I would have thought that only people that limit brushing exclusively to moments when the mood strikes would have this kind of report from the dentist. THREE CAVITIES!!!! Two are on one tooth and the other is on the next tooth down. My dentist calls this the "bad side" of my mouth. Every cavity I have ever had has been on the top left part of my mouth. Not to mention that I had never had a cavity at all until I was 21. Then the sh*t hit the fan apparently. But just in this one quadrant. I know that I take better care of my teeth now than I ever did as I kid, so I have no explanation for this. Just lots of hostility.

I also went to therapy this AM and was talking about the upcoming appointment. How I was anxious about going and fairly sure that I would have five cavities and be in desperate need of a root canal. My therapist felt that I was "catastrophizing" (this is something I do alot) and that I was being unreasonable. Wait until I tell her how close to right I was......

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home