More notes from the journey.

Tuesday, August 14, 2007

Whew.....

Mission accomplished! Team MOVE came together in a big way and I couldn't be happier about it. I'm a "do it all myself/I can handle this" kind of girl, so it's not easy for me to ask for help. It's not easy, but it is occasionally necessary and (if you are blessed enough to have the kind of peeps that I have) even affirming. Mom and Dad came down to help with everything from packing breakables (thanks Mom) to driving the UHaul (thanks Dad) and just about everything in between. Zach and T helped with loading, Spanish and general good friend supportiveness. Julie (AKA Big Pink and landscaper extraordinaire) connected me with some VERY able loading help who made a flight of stairs and my love for books (and the boxes they create) seem like no big deal. K got everything ready on this end from making a place (both physically and emotionally) for me and rounding up some guys to help unload the truck when we arrived tired and sore on Saturday night. I even had a "welcome to town/congrats on the new job" card from K's parents waiting for me when I arrived. It has been such a huge effort and it feels good to know that the people I love have helped me get here. What a blessing.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home