More notes from the journey.

Tuesday, December 06, 2005

Citizen Girl (Emma McLaughlin and Nicola Kraus)

I picked this book up based soley on the title. I had never heard of it and I was not familar with the women who wrote it. The title caught my eye. I'm glad it did. This book was alot of fun.

Citizen Girl follows the career and life experiences of 24 year old "Girl". She is entering the corporate world and boy is it funny! As a self-described feminist, Girl struggles with many aspects of modern corporate culture. After being fired from an activist organization by her mean-spirited boss Doris, she stumbles into My Company, an online resource for women. Her boss Guy is a ridiculously bad leader and the organization is far from what she expects. In addition to her outlandish job, Girl also struggles with her maybe/maybe not boyfriend Buster. Girl's journey into adulthood is hilarious.

I really enjoyed listening to this book as I rode around town in my car. Although her story is pretty outlandish, it is also feels real. By the end of the book, Girl felt like a friend of mine.

I wonder if Emma and Nicole are considering a sequel????

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home