More notes from the journey.

Thursday, March 09, 2006

The Wonder Spot (Melissa Banks)

I'd seen this book for quite awhile before picking it up. I continually passed it by because I didn't like The Girl's Guide to Hunting and Fishing (I believe this was the authors' first book). It got lots of attention, so I probably had pretty high expectations. Maybe that was why it felt like a let down. Just not that great.

So, I was reluctant to read this one. It was the title that finally drew me in. I like the sound of it. The wonder spot. The story....not so much. I don't mean to suggest that this is a bad or poorly written book, just that I couldn't connect with the characters. The main character was occasionally funny, but most of the time she felt flat to me. Nothing about the story drew me in. I don't think I will read her next book. Unless, of course, it has a compelling title.

1 Comments:

Blogger chelsea said...

I feel the same way about Melissa Banks. While reading Girl's Guide I kept waiting for something to happen. It wasn't bad, just flat. The appetizer was good, but lets get to the main course, you know?

3:49 PM

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home