More notes from the journey.

Monday, January 16, 2006

In Cold Blood (Truman Capote)

I decided to read this book after seeing the movie Capote. I'm also a fairly avid true crime reader, so this book has always been on my list. This is my first Capote book and I'm glad I read it.

This is the story of the violent murder of four members of the Clutter family, in a farm in Kansas. That's the quick and dirty way to describe it. It is a much bigger story than that. It is the story of a small mid-western town dealing with tragic violence. It is the story of two very different men (Perry and Hickcock) who evolved from petty thieves to murderers. It is the story of the men who made it their mission to find the murderers and bring them to justice. It is the story of how all of these lives intersected. A truly gripping story.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home